AREA OF GLOBALIZATION, DEMOCRATIZATION, INTELLECTUALIZATION
THINK TANK "FALCOGROUP"
Scientific Advisory Center "Consciousness"
My Great Web page
5.1. Common psychological traits.
There are academic descriptions of Caucasians in the proper local ethnography, which has been and remains a part of Russian social science. In the encyclopedia "People of Russia" article of Caucasians were written by authors from the republics and are more or less universally recognized academic version to the beginning of the "Chechen crisis." In this encyclopedic help there is a whole set of different descriptions of any ethnic group in the former USSR, racial type, origin (ethnogenesis), ethnic history, material culture, "units" and other ethnic groups. There is no doubt in moderate antiquity, cultural uniqueness and boundaries in the stillness, "Caucasian" as a cultural complex of these texts are not allowed.
More recently, major in the Soviet period, the so-called must-bureaucratic approach there was existed. In accordance with a representative of the Caucasian peoples can be identified by the corresponding entry in his passport, which is, and it should be noted, bears a not arbitrary, forcibly, and conditional on already recorded ethnicity of parents (both or one of them).
Of the vast number of public statements and journalistic descriptions of academic texts can build several versions of the image of "Caucasians". Perhaps none of them would not be true, but they are real in the sense that there is a mental space and is basis for sensations, or the argument of social action.
For most modern domestic researchers characterized ethnocultural (or voluntary-subjective) approach that recognizes the Caucasian community of people who identify themselves with the Caucasian culture and its bearers are real and the actors ('creators'). Being Caucasian is to be steeped in the traditions of Caucasian culture and developmental se. As a result, in the foundation of a psychological portrait of Caucasian put a certain set of ideas and values that a person consciously or unconsciously associated with all the givens of Caucasian life. From these positions Caucasians is a stable, at least partially organized community of people, historically established on the basis of specific regional traditions and customs, which absorbed the basic spiritual values, on the basis of a great culture, national identity and national interests of the people of the Caucasus.
Private kind of ethno-cultural approach appears ethnokomponent approach based on the separation characteristics and stereotypes that are considered "archetypal" and is a different side faces of Caucasian national character. With this approach, the Caucasians are endowed with and determined by a well-defined "set" of specific properties and characteristics of criteria, both positive (generosity, courage, ambition, spirituality, etc.) and negative (arrogance, short temper, categorical, and so on .) orientation, which gives an identification of a "typical portrait" on a particular historical stage of the existence of the Caucasian peoples.
In general, the approaches to the definition to the foundations of a psychological portrait of today to some extent used by representatives of the Caucasian peoples in the process of their identity and therefore can be regarded as some of its side faces, the moments that influence the design of ethno-territorial identity.
The overall portrait of the ethno-psychological Caucasians:
• expressed (periods exaggerated) sense of national pride, education and dissemination of compatriot microgroups their influence in a multinational environment, if the feeling is not based on collectivist principles, it can turn into a national arrogance;
• Control and regulation of their conduct with adherence to national traditions, expressed and manifested the love of folk melodies and national dances;
• a desire to impose their own traditions in a team;
• striving for sustainable self-assertion, to leadership, including the informal (criminal) are sensitive to success, to honor, fame;
• self-esteem, high self-esteem, increased sensitivity to words, the exaltation of self-esteem, not the last role and ambition (like to boast about their successes in service and social activities).
• emotions, with a predominance of choleric and sanguine temperament types;
• initiative, tenacity and perseverance in the work of public importance;
• priority of emotional and volitional over IP;
• pronounced associative thinking, categorical and uncompromising their positions;
• confrontation of consciousness;
• psycho-physical stability;
• rancor, negative emotions like getting stuck for a long time, sometimes for life kept old grievances, even those that occurred in childhood, when the reasons which caused them are long gone;
•courage, severity, aggression, self-sufficiency.
Available ethnoarhaich reflexes "brutal revenge" and "selfless courage."
Self-awareness: the Caucasians for convenience is divided into four levels of consciousness - in fact national, subnational - Regional (eg, Chechens, Ingush - teyp), a religious-Caucasus. Outside the country there is a tendency to the formation of not only microgroups on a national basis, but as belonging to the indigenous nationalities of the Caucasus in general.
One of the characteristic manifestations of the national-psychological features of a storehouse of the mind. Abilities and talents of all nations are equally developed, but the nature of their manifestations is different. For Caucasians, there is a tendency in some measure to the relatively long, deep hidden thought, and the process of self-expression of feelings is more active and dynamic.
Attitude for elders (age, position): unconditional respect and obedience to elders is differentiated.
Stressed attention and respect for family, elders. Not only the father but the mother uses great authority. Covert resistance to the authorities, confidence in a better understanding of the situation than the
head. If the representatives of the Caucasian people believe that certain orders of the leaders hurt their dignity, represented a spirit of national traditions, we are able to resist the implementation of these guidelines. Meeting in such cases, a rigid insistence, determination and confidence in the actions of the authorities, to quickly realize the futility of Caucasians such behavior, but rebuilt with great difficulty. Here an important role plays patience and consistency in the actions of the manager.
Age-related features: a young man willing to gamble, on average - are conservative.
The new situation (other cultural conditions): sharp differences in behavior depending on the location of a group or a fellow. When you first contact distancing of other cultures, the second activity in establishing a contact, search for friends. As a rule, they remain modest, restrained. However different by quick judgments, conclusions which often leads to conflict. If the atmosphere is quite favorable, Caucasians communicate willing with people of different nationalities. They readily take up the study of Russian language. But sometimes, even knowing the Russian language, Caucasian hide it, trying when it’s necessary use this fact to their advantage.
Appearance. The concepts of beauty are very greatly. The most commonly used (with delight) the quality and the image of women as a whole, harmony, accentuated facial features (without make-up), the ability to behave in different situations, a significant shyness, smiling faces regardless of mood. Many qualities are determined by the "hidden" surveillance. This is when innocent questions are asked as the woman herself and her friends, neighbors, etc. The concept of male beauty is more content with an English word handsome. Most often the defining words are: intelligence, audacity, "the experience and knowledge of life", charm and significance in the surrounding "his" and "her" society. Without recognition of the latter is doubtful whether the external data men, whatever they may be.
Views: hardly change the view about a man, formed by raising the opinion of another culture. Typically, all events are considered according to purely personal relations. They judge a person on a clear, forming stereotypes. The separating of people on "us" and "them."
The pyramid of needs (in descending order from most important):
• The need for respect - recognition of individual achievement and competence, the approval of
• The need for belonging to "their" involvement in the group, contrasting himself to "other";
• The need to manage the social environment influence the behavior of other ways to prove his innocence, to dictate terms, the desire to gain control of other people;
• Physiological needs;
• The need for security;
• Cognitive requirements;
• Aesthetic needs..
Attitude to work on the NC is not the same. There are many of those who manifested laziness, a desire to find "a cushy job," be assured, a prestigious thing, car, anything to do without doing. Caucasian can do with laziness, cunning to get away from doing a difficult job. In this case, the head of the multinational team have patiently to teach him to work, turning to the best national traditions of the people. Given this national-psychological characteristics, managers should explain why you need to perform a particular task and why it is a decision entrusted to that person. The individual educational work needs: tact, consistency, evenness and trust. This approach allows us gradually develop the habit of the representatives of the NC to carry out any orders, while maintaining their dignity, the national honor. Otherwise, even running or any task Caucasian has his own opinion, which inevitably leads to repetition of the situation, worsening relations between superior and subordinate.
To military (service) immemorial time in the NC people treated with special respect. Every man is a warrior who must protect his family, his women, home, himself. He must be proficient weapon. Caucasians endowed of courage and militancy. In the various rituals and ceremonies often use weapons as a symbol of the struggle against evil. A variety of amulets are distributed. There is a cult of a dagger, and bear arms has become a national tradition. This manifested especially education of boys. They are focused on the importance of childhood social roles of men, they are taught from an early age to take care of the sisters (even older), the younger brothers. Women are mainly engaged in housekeeping and child rearing. This leads to the fact that men vilipend for such activities, considering it a purely feminine. In the NC are popular all kinds of struggle, power martial arts and boxing. Classes of these sports from an early age form a strong will to resist the constant availability and activity.
People appreciate the friendship in the NC. For Caucasians there is no man after the treatment to which he would be "no" to him. His opinion is a polar, either a friend, comrade - or someone else, "not ours", the "enemy" - and nothing else. For a friend or someone is the generosity and attention, to the enemy - the relationship of intransigence. With difficulty I already had an opinion about a person. Typically, all events are considered from a purely personal relationship - one to whom and how to apply. Any communication Caucasians tend to translate into informal interpersonal relationships. So do not tolerate rudeness, direct coercion, pressure, like everything to be "in good." In the professional and personal relationships hold style, characterized by friendliness, kindness. This form of communication with them interesting and enjoyable people you can call the careful attitude. A similar behavior they expect from others. They are sensitive to the inadequacies, the surface ratio is very offended when they are ignored.
The most important psychological differences between Caucasians and Russian:
1) The majority of Caucasians indicated range friends and members of their nationality. The frequency of communication with representatives of other nationalities is highest in the Russian group. Russian communicative behavior is equally focused both on their own, and in other cultures;
2) Caucasians have higher levels of traditionalism. They are characterized by a high focus on compliance with national and religious holidays, to perform traditional customs and rituals, whereas for low-Russian orientation. At the same time Caucasians discovered phenomenon of combining ethnic and cultural traditions with the Russian. What can be said about the last. Russian is characteristic by carelessness, and sometimes even contempt for the traditions and customs of the Caucasian culture;
3) The significance of their ethnic group membership is most value for Caucasians (feel a sense of
pride in belonging to their ethnic group). For Russian significance of membership of their ethnic group is represented by the fact that the majority of Russian national identity simply accept as fact;
4) for Caucasians, more characteristic radicalism and radical thinking of, preparedness for heroism, and a Russian on the contrary a thoroughness and strength of thought with a penchant for self-flagellation and an internal dig.
USA/UK 2007-2012 © FALCOGROUP